Saturday 5 September 2009

Tony Blair in Rimini

After my post about Tony Blair and the state of religion in China, I want to post further analyses of his speech to the Rimini Meeting, as I feel there are other aspects of the speech that would stand scrutiny. Meanwhile, I copy as a full post a comment received at my earlier discussion of the rights and wrongs of Tony Blair's being invited to speak at the Rimini Meeting.

Alessandro Giudici said...
Hi, I belong to CL but I also live in the UK. 2 things, from my point of view: 1) Although Meeting Rimini's responsibles are from CL, Meeting Rimini is not equal to CL. 2) In this case, those people who invited Blair to give a speech made a mistake based on their understanding of what Blair thinks in terms of the role of the State etc. I was working at Meeting Rimini as a volunteer and whoever I explained to what Blair does and thinks about abortion, etc was really really surprise. There was a lot of ignorance about the reality in this case. And the debate among our CL friends is fully open...because those who live in the UK knows perfectly the situation...Unfortunately he was invited for other reasons and then he gave a speech full of "beatiful" and false words...just for the applauses...I was so disgusted knowing the reality...

No comments: