Friday 7 November 2008

This-n-that

We have just enjoyed a successful afternoon as far as Eucharistic Adoration is concerned. About 50 people turned up for the Adoration for Children and Families - a result of a good plug being given at the session of the First Communion programme last weekend. For one of the meditations I talked about adoration, and how a genuflection is meant to be an act of adoration. This was followed by an "action prayer" in which we all gathered around the altar, and genuflected together before the Lord. The grown ups mustered about 15 or so for the Holy Hour. If you include those who spent some time in Adoration during the afternoon, this puts it at some 70 or 80 people participating at one point or another during the afternoon and evening.

Zero has also passed me a photograph of my "15 minutes of fame" (well, perhaps it didn't take me 15 minutes to complete the reading, but ...), on the large screen during the Statio Orbis Mass at the end of the International Eucharistic Congress in June.



I have also watched it again - the DVD's from the Congress that I had ordered arrived yesterday. I have DVD's showing the Statio Orbis Mass, the Eucharistic Procession and the testimonies.
And on Friday of next week I am due to visit the John Fisher School, Purley to talk to the FAITH group. My subject is "The Eucharist: Gift of God for the Life of the World", which was the theme of the Congress in Quebec. I will be taking along my model of the "Ark of the New Covenant" to act as a visual aid. It is a theme that can be assimilated to the "FAITH line".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Zero says
yes, that was Joe -all the "legions" were eagerly watching the screen and this was before the rain really started!