Monday 5 May 2008

Days of Eucharistic Adoration ("Forty Hours")






I have spent the last couple of days putting together the programme for our parish's Days of Eucharistic Adoration. As I went to look at the materials I used last year, I realised that this is now the fifth consecutive year that I have done this. There is now an established "routine", and I am, as I usually am, a bit bowled over by everyone's willingness to "join in" with getting it up and running. I took the photo below last year, at the end of the Adoration on the Friday evening. The Church is set up as it was for the Children's Adoration and Vigil. Last year's theme was the Our Father, hence the icon of God the Father and the words of the Our Father on the displays.


The theme for the days of Adoration - "The Eucharist: Gift of God for the Life of the World" - is taken from the theme of the International Eucharistic Congress, taking place in Quebec in June. The three "sub-themes" are based on three of the icons that decorate the "Ark of the New Covenant" that has been designed as a focus of devotion and adoration, particularly for the young people of Canada, during the time leading up to the Congress.

If you are within reach of Romford during these days, please do call in and visit Jesus, our Eucharist, Gift of God for the Life of the World.






No comments: